Our Client, Education Development Trust is a not-for-for profit International education services company with over 50 years’ experience, in transforming lives by improving education around the world. We have specialist experience in strengthening education systems and supporting the school improvement in post-conflict, transition and early-recovery fragile states. We are a knowledge-led the organization, offering our clients education solutions informed by leading-edge thinking and research, with a relentless focus on educational impact demonstrating the benefits we provide through our contracts.
Education Development Trust has been appointed to deliver DFID’s £19.5m package of technical assistance (TA) General Education Quality Improvement Programme for Equity (TARGET) to the World Bank-funded in Ethiopia, running in parallel to and augmenting, an additional £90m in DFID financial assistance. Education Development Trust is looking for a qualified and suitable person as the Technical Advisor to the Minister of Education.
To provide high-level advice on policy and legislative matters to the Minister of Education.
• To review and analyze policy and legislative drafts, by State Ministers, Education Roadmap Secretariat, independent agencies and other ministries and produce briefing for the Minister.
• To engage with internal and external experts in relation to the Minister’s portfolio so that the best information is available for discussion, decision making policy development, planning and risk management. With a specific focus on the TARGET technical areas.
• Strengthening the use of monitoring and evaluation, research and other data in decision making and policy formulation.
• To maintain effective liaison and relationships with key stakeholders including international partners.
• To ensure the Minister is kept fully informed of TARGET activities and raise relevant issues to the attention of the Minister.
• Mapping key reforms proposed in the Education Roadmap with TARGET interventions
• To facilitate engagement between TARGET staff and relevant FMoE, REB staff and external stakeholders.
• To assist in the coordination of the Steering Committee and the Technical Working Group, ensuring relevant representation from the FMoE. Note: TARGET will provide the secretariat function.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Education or other related fields.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience working in the Education sector preferably with the Ministry of Education
• Must have excellent written and oral English skills and should be able to communicate well with senior government officials. The Amharic language is an added value
• Must be proficient and strong in computer skills
• Must have a good grasp of project management disciplines to support the successful implementation of activities.
• Seven years’ experience working at the senior level in the Education sector.
Interested and eligible candidates should submit a detailed CV and Cover letter including three referees and the expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org ONLY
with the subject line of the name of the post applied for. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applications must be received on or before 13th September 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and police clearance checks.